Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Too close? Never.



I thought it wasn't possible to cry, laugh, gasp, and almost fall over within the same 30 seconds. But that's just what I did when I found out I was going to have "#2" when "#1" was still a baby. (just 5 months old)

I thought I would never go anywhere without a double stroller, a bottle, 2 changes of clothes
and 4 diapers of varyings sizes in tow.

I thought, "Why do so many people think they are twins?" They are obviously an inch or so different in height, and 1 to 3 lbs. different in weight. "Isn't it apparent that one totally has a baby face, while the other definitely has more of an early-toddler look to him?"

I thought they would never get on the same nap schedule.

I thought they would get sick of each other - they haven't yet.

I thought I would never call one by the other's name. Heck, I even call my husband
by one of the boy's names (on occasion)!

I thought they would fight more.

I never thought they would be such good friends. I never thought they would laugh so much together. I never thought they would invent their own games to play. I never thought they would "miss" the other one when being away for less than an hour. I never thought they would refer to themselves as a unit.
Ev-babe always refers to himself in third person when talking about O-dog and himself.
("Do the boys get to come too?")

I never thought I would be glad to have them so close in age.
I never thought they would be so happy to have the other one.

No comments:

Post a Comment