Thursday, May 20, 2010

Introducing our newest love...

Here is the new little lovey in our hearts, who happens to be residing in my womb until early August.  We are excited, and anxious, all at the same time.  


                                      

I can't help but see Ev-babe in this last profile pic. However, the other ones look more like O-dog to me, and to be honest when we were having the ultrasound done, when I looked at the first shots in 3-d, all I could see was Amelia's face.

A baby who was conceived after a baby that was stillborn, miscarried, or who died as a newborn is sometimes referred to as a "rainbow baby".
I found a post on babycenter.com that describes it beautifully.

"Rainbow Babies" is the understanding that the beauty of a rainbow does not negate the ravages of the storm. When a rainbow appears, it doesn't mean the storm never happened or that the family is not still dealing with its aftermath. What it means is that something beautiful and full of light has appeared in the midst of the darkness and clouds. Storm clouds may still hover but the rainbow provides a counterbalance of color, energy and hope.     ~Courtney

I know that this new little love is a gift from God, and that no matter how long we are able to hold this one, a gift is still a gift, and the joy and love we have experienced from this new little cutie has been a "rainbow" to us during our storm.

6 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! Sherri, those photos are amazing! And you're right, there's lots of family resemblance going on. Can't wait to meet him. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sherri, I loved this post and the pix are just amazing! I have goose bumps as I write this. The post about a "Rainbow Baby" hits my heart to the core. Thank you so much for your honesty of love, grief, hope and faith.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sherri, thank you for sharing such beautiful words. Miss and love you!
    Erin

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm SO excited that you started a blog! I can't wait to follow you, as we are definitely on the same journey. I look forward to spending more time on your blog and catching up on past posts. Praying for you! I can't believe our boys will be born two days apart...Lord willing!

    Love,
    Tonya

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sherri, I have never met you, but am good friends with your sister Rebekah. You have been prayed for a lot. Thank you for sharing your heart. And thank you for sharing the "Rainbow Baby" post. You are a blessing to many. Know you and your precious little one are loved and prayed for. ~Christina

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm really missing Amelia today Sherri... I found a little blanket for her a bit back... plan to give it to you in Denver... I'm praying that you cast every care upon God because He cares for you! I love you sister:)See you soon:)~Rebekah

    I will share too... today I was just looking at your blog and in my mind i could see a little girl walking... her blond hair fell in soft long curls to her mid-back... she had no cares and she was bouncing right along with her hair... then she reached up and grabbed on to Jesus hand and they walked a ways together....I'm glad she doesn't know the pain of missing like this... how sweet it will be when we are all together.

    ReplyDelete