Wednesday, February 2, 2011

These Women on Wednesdays



Sometimes a good practice for your marriage has something to do with other women, and your spouse isn't even there.... Just a filling of your spirit, a refreshing of you.

For several months now, I have been going to a Bible study on wednesday mornings.  With three littles, a head full of busy and nothing, at the same time, a house full of laundry and dishes (mostly dirty), a car full of cracker bits and milk splatters... it is good to fill your heart with what really matters so that you can let that which is both life giving and spiritually enriching overflow into this life of mine... and into the lives of those so very dear to me. I try and find quiet time here and there to feed my soul, and refresh. It is sooo very hard it seems, although maybe that is just an excuse sadly.  And on this wednesday morning, with no school... again (snowday # 2) and with no Bible study, these women have found a way to fellowship without being face to face. Oh how they bless me.  This is my practice. This is what helps to fill my cup, this is what helps me to be a better wife to my dear husband.

Normally with food and smiling faces we meet, but today I turn to their encouraging e-mails, the verses that have touched them this week, and as I open my inbox, feeling a little drained, the Word is powerful, and those verses encourage me.  So fitting, the verses today are focused on how God wants us to be better wives to our husbands, His sons, and in turn love those littles better who spend every waking minute with us.

All because of a string of wednesday mornings spent with some of God's girls.  I feel God encouraging me through them.

And I can better love my partner, my beloved, the way God intended me to.

1 comment:

  1. I’m visiting from Ann’s today – I’m working y way down the list, sorry it’s taken do long to get to you, but I’m glad I got here. :)

    So true - the Bible says older men counsel the younger ones and the same with women. I think you have this one right - absolutely right.

    God Bless.
    Thank you.

    God Bless you and your hubs and your marriage

    ReplyDelete