Thursday, July 8, 2010

Because of these things...

I see life differently. 

My perspective has changed. 

After hashing out location, size, color, cost, and words for a monument to honor your daughter, you see things differently.

In case you were wondering, I think this sketch will be the monument we will choose to have put up for Amelia.

It will be a combination of white granite and pink glass (shown below sketch).



 
Interesting how our current reality has affected every part of our lives. 

Because we have to see some things, we will never see other things quite the same.

Because we drive across town to a cemetery, and put pink flowers by a tiny plot of land...

I am different. 
I will always see things different than someone who has never had to do that.

However, it is not as isolating as it sounds. I am also more aware of other people who are suffering.

I am not perfect, but I am more sensitive to the struggles of someone else.  I have not had to walk down some very difficult roads that they find themselves on.

A road to a hospital, a road to a place of therapy, or to a jail.

My road just happens to include a cemetery across town.


This little man's road also includes that drive, and this view. 

I wonder how he will see life differently.


Different from other little boys that have their sister here on earth.

He asked me the other night when he could see Amelia.

Oh baby boy, how I wish I could say something different....

In heaven. 

In heaven.

2 comments:

  1. So precious, so sweet Sherri, your words to your son. I am praying for you... I think what you have planned is just beautiful for Amelia's monument:)

    Praying...
    Sara

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sherri,

    Your journey is a heart-wrenching one, one that still stirs so many emotions in me whenever I am reminded of it...yet you walk this road with such incredible grace and strength. Thank you for continuing to share from your heart. Not only do you help others understand where you're at, but you challenge us to re-think where WE are at and to see each of our own realities that much more clearly. Your journey, wherever it may take you, will continue to have a profound effect on many lives as you allow us to walk alongside you.

    Keeping you in prayer,
    Stacy

    ReplyDelete