Friday, December 3, 2010

I can't go to bed...

Do you ever have those nights where you just can't go to bed?  It's like I have gotten my second wind, and finished what I wanted to, but just can't get into bed... So I have been going through all the blogs I follow, and even peering into new ones.  It really is ridiculous, because I know I only have about 4 more hours before a baby will want to eat. I mean, he has already been sleeping for four hours... 

Usually this is not my dilemma. Normally I fall into bed and manage to be sound asleep in seconds, literally.

And when it is late, and the music is playing, I find myself enjoying the rare moment of being alone.  I am smitten with our Christmas tree.  The one that the boys so dutifully helped trim this evening.  Ev saying, "I'm tired of hanging things..."  Only to get a quick reply from Dad, "I get sick of it at the end too."  And then followed by, "Ev, you need to get that on the tree.  You're going to bend it if you lay on it like that.  One - Two" 

* silent chuckles as I think about it *





I love it.  I just look at our tree and am filled with thankfulness for the four little hands that hung the ornaments, a daddy who helped unwrap and hand out the ornaments, a warm living room for it to sit in... And most of all for a savior, came down to earth as a tiny babe, born in an unsuspecting place, to save us all, to save - me, a sinner. I am thankful to celebrate this most mysterious and glorious event.  The event that changed the world, but more importantly the event, the God that still changes hearts, mine included.

With a grateful heart, a quiet house, and a cat still sleeping in the exact same spot as the above photo :)

1 comment:

  1. I have those nights too... Chris always bugs me to get into bed b/c I almost always have that moment of regret in the morning when I can barely open my eyes!

    Love quiet time by the Christmas tree though! Yours is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete